- The round table is open to adults with an interest in the American Civil War.
- Future members need two sponsors. (If you don’t already know a member, the best way to find sponsors is to attend a meeting or two.)
- Annual dues are $55, due upon joining and each September.
- Members receive invitations to and advance information about our nine meetings each year. The meetings feature an hour of fellowship and interesting conversation among members and guests, an excellent family-style dinner, brief tidbits such as introduction of guests and announcements, and concludes with the featured speaker. Past presentations have featured well-know Civil War experts Ed Bearss, Robert Krick, and Jim Ogden. Some of the best presentations have been given by our own members who have displayed their knowledge and enthusiasm for Civil War history in very interesting and entertaining ways.
- Members are also invited to our special events. Chief among them are the spring day trip and a symposium at James A. Garfield National Historic Site . The spring events have introduced the participants to some interesting locations such as Johnson’s Island, historic Lakeview Cemetery, and the home of the “Fighting McCooks”.
- Members receive monthly editions of the Courier newsletter. We may be prejudiced, but we believe it to be one of the best round table newsletters. Most editions include information about upcoming events, a brief review of the last meeting, informative articles written or compiled by our members, and a book review. (You may sample some previous editions on the Newsletter page.)
- Members also have access to the Western Reserve Historical Society (including Hale Farm) through our group
membership. The Society has one of the best collections of Civil War photographs in the country, not to mention shelf after shelf of Civil War books and interesting displays centered on regional history.
- All of the above will be enjoyed in the company of men and women who share an avid interest in the Civil War. The limited size of our group allows new members to travel in familiar company, learning and enjoying. Good fellowship is one of our guiding principles.