Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Subject: In Memorium
Presenter: Ted Karle
Once again, Ted Karle will step forward to remember our members who have passed — this time, in the last two years. Ted always does an excellent job reminding us of our friends, whom we miss, but also the good times we had with them. Join us to remember and celebrate those who are gone and to enjoy those who are here.
- Canteen at 6:00 PM — Dinner at 6:45 PM
- Pine Ridge Country Club, 30601 Ridge Road (Ohio 84), Wickliffe, OH (1/2 mile west of Ohio 91)
- Cost $25.00 for an excellent family-style dinner and speaker. Cash bar.
- Reservations are required. Email Franco Sperrazzo at email@example.com.
Subject: The Last Lincoln Republican
Presenter: Todd Arrington
Schedule of Speakers for 2021
- January 12
- The Bixby Letter
- Presenter: Howard Taub
- February 9
- The Battle of Irish Bend
- Presenter: Paul Siedel, Secretary
- March 9
- ‘Pray for the Oblivion of his Memory’; Frederick Douglass on the Legacy of Robert E. Lee
- Presenter: Codie Eash
- April 13
- Field of Dreams
- Presenter: Dwier Brown
- May 11
- Andersonville and Captain Henry Wirz
- Presenter: Dr. Daniel Cudnik
- September 7
- The Last Lincoln Republican
- Presenter: Todd Arrington
- October 12
- In Memorium
- Presenter: Ted Karle
- November 9
- President & Mrs. Lincoln
- Presenters: John and Marion King
- December 14
- Civil War Christmas
- Presenter: Allison Powell
2020 Spring Outing – to be rescheduled
Lunchtime Series: Leaders and Legacies of the Civil War
These talks normally take place on the second Wednesday of the month and are back to in-person presentations.
October’s presentation will take place on the second Wednesday, October 13, at 12 noon in the Village Room of the Main Library building.
October is National Family History Month, so it’s a perfect time for a program about using different types of genealogical records to find out more about your ancestors who served in the Civil War! Genealogy and the Civil War are two of the most researched topics there are among those interested in history, so check out this talk to learn more about how you can research your own family’s Civil War history! Speakers: Allison Powell and Rebecca Hayward, James A. Garfield NHS..