- Education: Studying and learning about the American Civil War
- Fellowship: Constituted as a private men’s organization
- Quality: Limited and selective membership
General Meeting Information
- Meetings are held the second Tuesday of the month.
- Cost is $25.
- General meeting agenda:
- Canteen 6 - 6:50 PM with a cash bar.
- Family style dinner is served at 6:50 PM.
- Introduction of guests and brief business items follow dinner.
- The program begins immediately afterwards and lasts approximately one hour.
- The evening ends with a book or 50/50 raffle.
- Location: Dino’s Restaurant on Ohio route 306, just south of I-90.
- Meetings are not held during summer break (June, July, and August)
Normal Annual Schedule
- January through May — Second Tuesday: Monthly Meeting
- May — Spring Field Trip (day trip)
- July– Symposiun to kick of the Civil War encampment at James A. Garfield National Historic Site (Lawnfield)
- September through November – Second Tuesday: Monthly Meeting
- September/October — Fall Field Trip (multiple days)
- December — Second Tuesday: Holiday Meeting with spouses/significant others
Officers – 2013
- President: Tom Horvath
- Vice-president: Carl Dodero
- Secretary: Bernie Taub
- Treasurer: Bill Meissner
- Sergeant at Arms: Mike Sears
- Directors: Steve Abbey, Terry Reynolds, Paul Siedel
- Program chair: Norton London/Bob Baucher
- Special events coordinator: Franco Sperrazzo